Book Review: Legend (Marie Lu)


Title: Legend

Author: Marie Lu
# of pages: 305
Published 2011 by G.P. Putnam's Sons, Penguin Books

I'm going to start this off with a big round of applause to Marie Lu for writing Legend, she is a legendary queen and never forget the fact that she is an art director at Online Alchemy, a video game company! Yeah, let's get on with the book. 

When I first opened the book, my first reaction was like "OMG! The font is so cute since it has colors!", What I mean by this is that Marie Lu wrote Legend with two point of views so, for the gold-colored font it's for Day, the boy in the book and the black-colored font is for, June, the female in the book. So, this book is basically set in a dystopian and military based future, which is pretty cool! Enough about the font colors so the book is fast-paced, which is not boring, the book also made me shiver a few times which happens rarely and is a good thing that means I am bound to the book. 

I have to go back to the main idea and talk about Legend so, as I've said it made me shiver due to the very intriguing parts of the book. Now, all I can give to you is a synopsis about the book and after reading that you still might want to scroll down and read my opinion or review, well mostly my feelings.

SYNOPSIS

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem. 
From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets. 

From GoodReads

MY OPINION

I don't know what to say, Legend was so intriguing the whole time. The tension and the twists, oh man the twists we're like heaven to me, reading it made me go loco like literally, one time there was this one chapter in the book that I just couldn't explain and I had no one to talk to about it so, I asked my seatmate to cover her ears and their I just said every single damn thing about that character and even the few scenes. Another thing that happened when I read Legend was when I was in the middle of our classroom and it was lunch break, I was reading Legend and I just screamed because I couldn't take it anymore, the words that Marie Lu used to construct her perfect chapters was just un-explainable. Their was also this time when I was sitting beside one of my best buds and yeah same thing happened but I got violent like I slapped her, while screaming and hyperventilating.(Friendly reminder if you are my classmate and read this do not sit beside me while I'm reading a book since you already know what will happen to you unless you want to risk the safety of your ownself.) You are probably starting to think that I'm always overreacting which is not true there is no way on how I can explain my feelings towards this book because no one can relate to me, or it's just too much that I can't even handle it anymore. 
So going back, this book is a freaking heck yeah must read since I'm giving this book a 5 star, way to go Marie Lu!

I'm not leaving yet! So, if you would like to know that YEY IT'S OFFICIAL MARIE LU IS RELEASING A GRAPHIC NOVEL FOR LEGEND AND THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW 

LIKE LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL COVER 
 BUT SADLY THE GRAPHIC NOVEL WILL BE RELEASED NEXT SUMMER
and I'm just trying to ease the pain in my heart by telling myself that the wait is going to be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate